The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

myers368

Marine stereo that charges and controls Ipad

Vote 0 Votes

Any suggestions for a new head unit that will control an Ipad through USB AND CHARGE IT?

I will play all of my music through spotify stored on my Ipad. I also want to remove my chartplotter and mount my Ipad in its place so I can use my Ipad as my chartplotter and audio control center. I will hardwire it back to the headunit. I will also have several wired remotes mounted on the boat. I would like to be able to control the song selection (basically just next song, previous song) as well as volume through the wired remotes. Since the Ipad will be hard mounted, I need the usb connection to power it as well.

Any suggestions for a headunit that will accomodate all of this? I thought the fusion would handle this, but I read in someone's review that it WILL NOT charge the Ipad.

1 Reply

• Hi

I have the Fusion 700i - and it DOES charge my iPad - I am looking at it now - charging ! So I think this might be the one for you. Love my one - great functions and great with the iPhone and iPad when connected via USB.

Regards

Tim