The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

Adam

Non-flush mount for Garmin GMI 10?

Vote 0 Votes

I was hoping to find a good spot on our Nordhavn's fly bridge for a Garmin GMI 10, but the flush-mount options are unattractive. Garmin doesn't make a bracket mount for the GMI, so I went looking for a "pod"-style mount like those made by ScanStrut and SeaView. All of their pods are huge, designed for full size MFDs. Does anyone have a source for pod-style mounts for smaller electronics, or a good alternative mounting suggestion? (Aesthetics matter.)

Thanks!

/afb

7 Replies

• I should add that the GMI 10 is about 4.5" square.

• Answering my own question, it looks like NavPod makes small pods for ST70-size gauges (like the GMI 10). Yay!

• It sounds reasonable!

• Jay, more than reasonable. Apparently the Navpod model 33 is discontinued, and I found one for $30 on closeout. Just hope it's deep enough to handle the GMI 10's cables.

• It would be nice if more manufacturers supplied right angle power/nmea 0183 cables (like on the Raymarine Wide series), or set the ports deeper into the devices so straight cables don't stick out.

Incidentally, both Maretron and Airmar, and maybe others, have right angle NMEA 2000 cables.

• Ben, indeed, along with right-angle field attachable connectors, though apparently the little Maretron right-angle F->M *adapters* are not actually available. But in the case of my "first generation" (grrr) GMI 10, I need to connect both N2K and power cable, and there's no right-angle power cable...

Hope to have the Navpod today and will post back when I have the results.

• GARMIN supplies a 90 degree NMEA 2000 adapter for about $20. It would be nice if they used them by default instead of the straight connectors. I can't think of an application where you could not use an angled connector but required a straight one....