That graph represents the teensy weensy difference over recent years between “real” solar system time and the time we oh-so-carefully keep with atomic clocks. As of this morning, real time—i.e. the mean sun dead south or north at noon (at the exact mid longitude of a time zone)—was 6/10ths of a second behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC or Zulu). You see, relative to the atomic clocks, the earth…
Like Us On Facebook
Recent Panbo Comments
- Ben Ellison – The continuing search for a great boat ebike, Sondors Fold edition – 9 mins ago
- Marcus Crahan – Red hot studs and melted wires, could have been worse – 14 hours ago
- Hartley – Active Captain Community app support – 2 days ago
- Ben Ellison – The Equinox, celestial mechanics & pesky “True Wind” – 2 days ago
- Jim Starkey – Yacht campaigning along RI beaches hits rocks, politician blames NOAA – 3 days ago
- – Standard Horizon GX6000 VHF & wireless RAM 4W mics, finally! – 1 week ago
- Ben Ellison – Easy Marine Traffic AIS sharing from your boat, FloatHub is first – 1 week ago
- Ben Ellison – Furuno introduces cost effective and highly accurate SC33 Satellite Compass – 1 week ago
- Paul – Fusion Apollo Series, truly “The Sum of Audio Innovation”? – 1 week ago
Recent Forum Posts
Hello all, I'm completely new to the forum and hope I d...
By Anonymous, 4 days ago
Thank you, Tim. It takes a global village to sort this ...
By Ben Ellison, 1 week ago
Hi Ben, The PGN's that the Furuno MFD was sending didn'...
By Tim Goodyear, 1 week ago