The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

CaptainEvil

Garmin to Nexus

Vote 0 Votes

I have a Garmin GND 10 that connects between my NMEA 2000 and my Nexus system From Nexus i get wind data Into my Garmin system but speed thru water, depth and temperature that comes from Garmin is only presented on my nexus instruments for about 90 seconds than they dissapear course bearings etc that also comes from Garmin works OK on the Nexus instuments. Anybody that seen the same problems

3 Replies

• From Garmin: "This poster just needs to spend some time with the Race software on a PC setting up the GND10. It’s a pretty simple process and Garmin Support can walk him through it. The challenge as a manufacture when you build these kinds of adapter is it’s pretty hard to “guess” all the different scenarios for out of the box configurations. We have guessed right 80% of the time but have allowed for change using the Race software if need be."

• Captain:

Ben's advice is spot-on. I just replaced the old Nexus Knot/Log and Depth with a new NMEA 2000 Airmar/Garmin DST 800. I was seeing the depth and speed on the Garmin GMI 20 but not on any of the Nexus displays. You need to connect the GND-10 to a computer running the Nexus Race (free) software, that will allow you to bring up the "NXR System Configuration" and Select "Setup" for the "GND10 N2k Gateway'. That should present you with a "pop-up box" with six boxes you can check (or not): Log, Depth, Compass, Wind, Navigation, and Position. The title of the box is "Own Categories" - that was not clear to me. The way it works is the boxes that are ticked will transfer NMEA 2000 data from sensors on the NMEA 2000 network over to the Nexus Network. Once you save the settings in the GND-10, you need to cycle the power to the Nexus CPU. As soon as it powers up you should see the data on the Nexus displays (and it should stay there). I just went through this yesterday. It's not terribly intuitive and not well documented but, once you get it, it seems to work.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Eric
    Sabre 30 #36 "Spirit"
    West River, Maryland

• Hi guys

Thank you for your suggestions but I already tried that. I managed to get hold on another Triducer and that did the trick, so an old fashion hardware error.

Have a nice summer!

John