The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

panboperth

Navman Navbus Smartcraft gateway data

Vote 0 Votes

Hi all, I realise I am going over old ground for some but I am yet to find out if anyone solved the issue.

I am looking for a way to read the data from my Mercruiser Smartcraft sensors on a PC.

My Mercruiser 350 Mag MPi has a NavBus Smartcraft gateway which feeds data from the Merc to a Navman Tracker 5507 GPS Plotter.

Unfortunately that Navman unit is dead and Navman / Northstar as a manufacturer of chartplotters that read this data are also dead.

I can't seem to find a second hand 5507 to fill the spot on my Maxum 2600SE, so I was hoping to display data such as fuel sensor info, tacho, pressures and temps from the motor on a tablet along with chartplotting software.

I can't find the exact information I am looking for, so I am really guessing that the data coming from the NavBus Smartcraft gateway is not NMEA (0183 or 2000) but likely NavMan Proprietary data.

Anyone have anymore information or been down this path before?

I don't want to have to fork out for a Smartcraft to NMEA2000 gateway, or have to buy a bunch of Mercruiser Smartcraft Gauges just because NavMan are no longer around.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.