The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

singlesailor

calibration of B&G 508 Triton wind sensor

Vote 0 Votes

I just installed two B&G Triton Displays, a Raymarine a75 multi function display, a Raymarine EV-100 autopilot and an Actisense NMEA2000 to PC converter, that feeds my chart navigation software.
The only method I found to calibrate the wind angle of the B&G 508 Triton masthead unit is by using the calibration function of the B&G Triton displays.
Obvious, the tritons do not calibrate the sensor itself but merely keep the calibration factor within the displays and just modify the indicated values.
The Raymarine a75 and also the PC navigation software of cause still get the uncalibrated values.
Does anybody know how to calibrate the b&g 508 Triton sensor directly ? Would help me a lot.

(Besides: I had the same problem with the Airmar DST800 speed value but could solve this by using a Maretron USB100 interface and the Maretron N2KAnalyzer software. Unfortunately this does not work with the B&G 508. Same was with transducer offset but oddly enough in this single case the Raymarine MFD was able to calibrate the transducer part of the DST800 directly - but not speed and also not wind values)