The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

Tom H

Providing a heading source to a Furuno 1722 radar

Vote 0 Votes

Hi,

I've recently added a couple of components to my B&G H2000 instrument system and can now provide a high frequency (10Hz) NMEA HDM source to my radar from the performance processor (I've a KVH Gyro hooked into the pilot providing very high precision heading). The Radar is a Furuno 1722. It appears to accept a high frequency HDM source in it data 2 port and auto senses NMEA vs AD10.

All seemed deceptively simple: buy a lead, tail it into the B&G Hercules performance processor, configure the B&G, and watch it work... So I bought the lead, a 6 pin affair, with two twisted pairs inside: black/white and yellow/green. I tried both pairs in the B&G output 1 and got no heading data on the radar. Anyone know which pair I should be using, or how to test the output (or simply what I've done wrong)? I could plumb the output into my NMEA multiplexor and check it out from there, but I'm hoping for a quicker fix.

1 Reply

• I guess Furuno normally use yellow as positive output and green as negative output. White as positive input and black as negative input.