The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

mavriikk

Lowrance

Vote 0 Votes

I Just bought a Lowrance radar and chart plotter from my friend. He upgraded his unit. His radar was on a small powerboat's T top so the cable to the Radar is not sufficent for a mast mount situation which I am attempting on my C&C 35 mk1. The equipment is Lowrance LCX-lllc. It looks to me like some of the components are NEMA 2000 Blue connectors but the Radar dome is a specific connector.

Any advice on where to get the cable would be great.

Thanks!

-Kyle

2 Replies

• Kyle, It looks like the old manuals can still be downloaded at Lowrance. Look under Fishfinder/Chartplotters for your LCX-IIIC and under Radar for whichever LRA model you have.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Support/Documents/

I don't know what sort of radar data/power cable Lowrance used then but it's not NMEA 2000. Finding an extension cable may be quite hard, and a pro might be needed to advise about and possibly pull off a manual splice. I don't mean to be killjoy but spending much money on this project may not be worthwhile considering how advanced current electronics are.

• Good thought Ben. I believe I have the LRA 1000 and I got the dome and the chart/fish for $1000. I am not sure I could have gotten a color 10" display and the dome much cheaper than that. I most definitely do not need the latest and greatest tech nor can I afford it. I realize this gear is a bit out of date but I just need something that works for now and this equipment is in good working order.