I was stunned how few boats I encountered with radar reflectors on my 400 mile round trip these last two weeks. I am talking about boats that actually travel some distance from their home harbors and obviously crewed by other than fair weather sailors. There were far fewer reflectors per dozen boats compared to fair weather boats .. and if the reflectors are in storage, that's bad ... because I was in conditions that warrant reflectors being deployed.
If you have read this far, I ask that you please answer this survey even if your not proud of the answer, so statistically I have something valid. Thanks !!
1) What type of boat (sail / power), length, model/brand ?
2) What radar reflector do you have on your boat ?
3) Permanent or Temporary Mount ?
4) if Temporary, of the last 4 times it should have been setup, of the last 4 how many times did it instead stayed stored away somewhere ?
5) What complaints do you have about your radar reflector ?
6) How do you use your boat ? Daysailing, over night, ,multi day cruising, live aboard, racing ?