The Panbo Forum

Return to Panbo Forum main page »

Captain Ed Bono

help needed with Tokyo Keiki Ecdis EC-8500

Vote 0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I have a few problems with the above equipment loaded with ENC's. Wonder if anyone can help - tell me the reason.......

1) SYNCHRONISING....
I have two ecdis's connected, though routes when drawn on one ecdis get updated on the other, other items like abort points and no go areas do not get updated using the synchronise option. How do I get ev'thing on one ecdis get updated on the other?

2) HANGING.....
I have been using the ecdis to plot positions, enter route plans etc... now it has begun to hang nearly once daily (this does not hang if I use the ecdis only as a display without plotting positions manually, making marks, etc). Why is this happening?

3) ERROR MESSAGES...
I often get an error "Geometry failure error" - what does this mean?
When this error is displayed for a route, I cannot monitor this route. How do I get around this problem?

4) UPDATING CHARTS....
When updating the charts, I often get a message "Non-critical error" which displays against a few enc cell numbers... what does this mean?

5) CHART REJECTED ERROR MESSAGE...
When updating charts, some charts have not got updated - the message "chart rejected" appears. But I was able to update these cells for one earlier and two later updates.Why does this happen?

For example....
For one Korean ENC The update log shows an update has been reected, though teh next, and next to next got accepted. However, these numbers are not reflected if I view that chart individually. However the chart catalogue shows it updated to the last. Why this discrepancy in numbers?

An Australian enc shows up as "critical error - Invalid sequence of updates"

Could someone please tell me how I could take care of the above errors...

Thanks
Edward Bono

1 Reply

• I have on board 2 Tokyo keiki Ecdis.8600&8500.. recently got update of week 53/15.on backup Ecdis updates applied successfully. but on main Ecdis error showing failed to verify ENC database (80070057).
    pls help me how to solve this problem